We welcome volunteers of all ages who would like to become involved with the Village Network of Petaluma and help make it a reality. We need all the capable hands and caring hearts we can find to bring a Village into being!
There are no minimum time requirements and volunteers can select the projects with which they would like to be involved. As a “volunteer first” village, we need many carefully trained and background-checked volunteers to assist members with a wide range of services — transportation, minor home repairs, grocery shopping, running errands. We have begun recruiting and training service volunteers and welcome inquiries.
Direct Service volunteers are needed now!
Volunteers do not need to be members of the Village, but members are encouraged to be volunteers.
We conduct a basic orientation for all volunteers, do background checks, and provide any necessary specialized training. This is a list of opportunities, and we are also open to your suggestions:
- Personalized information and referral assistance
- Transportation to medical appointments, prescription pick-up, and grocery shopping, and Village events
- Joining the Health Support Team to provide guidance for members and their families in navigating health care issues
- Help with computers and other electronic equipment
- Home visits
- Daily/weekly phone check-ins (if desired)
- Occasional gardening
- Minor home repairs/fix-it chores
- Occasional pet walking/care
- Medical appointment note-taking/advocacy
- Home safety conversations
- Resource development and assistance for family caregivers
- Organizing, planning, coordinating, and leading Village Network social events and educational programs
We also need assistance to continue building the Village.
Using your skills and experience to:
- Assist with Village social events
- Conduct research on senior service resources
- Be part of the Office Team
Help with our community outreach efforts
- Help manage our website and social media presence
- Host a Living Room Chat in your home
- Become involved in outreach to the business community
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Work on program development and logistics
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement, training
- Assist with fund development as we move toward our long-term goal of providing subsidized fees for members with lower incomes
- Work on organizational development: strategic planning and policies